护心 Heart Protection by九鹭非香 Jiu Lu Fei Xiang: Summary




Hi All!

I'm thinking about picking up 护心 Heart Protection by 九鹭非香 Jiu Lu Fei Xiang. I saw its post on ShuSheng Bar, and it seemed pretty interesting. I really like the author. I've read a lot of her other works, and they are really, really good. I recommend you guys to check them out. A lot of them have already been completely translated. There's a few that are still under translation. 

Just looking at the comments on ShuSheng Bar, it looks like Heart Protection is one of her less popular works. A lot of people don't like the story as much as other other novels. I'm thinking that's why Heart Protection hasn't been picked up. I'm going to take a stab at it because I trust the author. I hope it'll still be a good story. 

Just looking at Novel Updates, there are 30 chapters. Thank god! I didn't realize how long Chairman Husband was. I knew it was 236 chapters, but that was just a number to me. I was completely blindsided by how much time it takes to translate a chapter. And her chapters aren't even that long! Heart Protection chapters are much, much longer than Chairman Husband's, but there's only 30 of them. I'm thinking maybe releasing a chapter once a week or every two weeks. It just depends. 

I still need to read the first few chapters just to see if I'll like it or not. If I don't like it, then this will be the only post about Heart Protection. I won't be posting any translations. If I do like it, I want to stockpile some chapters first, so maybe in two months I'll start releasing the translations if another group hasn't picked it up by then. 

Thanks for reading this super long, rambling post! Here's the summary from ShuSheng Bar:


“The most dangerous thing in the world is the human heart. It can kill an immortal life, and can harm a body that was unsusceptible to harm.”

“Speak intelligibly.”

“I was dismembered by my previous lover.”

“…… So…… Why are you still alive?”

“So that I could meet you.”

Edit: I tried to MTL it to see if I would like it.......bad choice. I have no idea what I just read. Something about geese and snakes lol. So I will properly translate the first few chapters and post those regardless if I continue or not. 

Edit 2: IT IS NOT 30 CHAPTERS. I swear I saw 30 chapters somewhere. It’s actually 100 ish chapters!!!! Ahhh!!! I wanted something short :/

Edit 3: Here is my version of the summary:
Banished from her cultivation sect, Yan Hui accepts a hunt to earn money. She encounters the snake demon she is hunting but is wounded in the fight. The snake demon flees, and she is forced to stay in remote mountain village until she regains her magic. During her time in the village, Yan Hui stumbles upon several mysteries. Who is the strange boy that seems to be hiding his true nature? And who is the woman dressed in white?

Yan Hui finds herself in the middle of a conspiracy. With fingers pointing at her former shifu as the culprit, Yan Hui sets out to find the the truth.

Comments

  1. I already read the 30 chapters you've translated and it was a worth choice lol, thanks for the translation, really like the novel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for picking up this novel :)

    i've read some jiu liu feixiang's novel too, such as zhao yao, seven unfortunate lifetimes, shansheng, and other short stories by her. so far...heart protection is my favourite.
    because i already read the complete MTL, while waiting your next chapter translation i try to read her other novel demon king the parting of orchid and chang and accompanying the phoenix but the first few chapter not engaging as this novel, i cant find other novel that pique my interest yet a so i'm still reread this novel again and again hehe

    now, i'm reading the yong zhou city arc. it's my favorite arc i think, because The angst not heart wrenching and still have good comedy times. and that's part also when tian yao begin to build his feeling for yan hui. Their interaction is my main amusement, from bickering to caring to each other

    ReplyDelete
  3. reply to your edit 2

    i found thus site that divided heart protection into 30 chapter on my journey for looking a slightly better google translation

    https://m.hetushu.com/book/4104/catalog-2.html

    anddd surpsrise, i found extra story that i haven't read in any other site that i read this far. it tells the life after yan hui and tian yao's marriage in qing qiu. it also contain a tiny sneak peek on tian yao's life without yan hui in 15 yers.

    sighhh and here i'am always confused when i see 113 chapter listed on some sites but only found 112 chapter in reality,
    until i found chapter 113 on the site above 💕

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts