Heart Protection: Chapter 49

Yan Hui always considered herself as decisive and not hesitant. Sometimes she was so much so that she came off as too blunt and a bit heartless.

The day when Yan Hui left Chen Xing Mountain, every step down the long winding path recalled a memory. When Ling Xiao first brought Yan Hui to the mountain, he said: "Yan Hui, from now on, this will be your home." That memory was like a sleeping tiger suddenly leaping out to tear and mangle her.

However, no matter how many memories surged up, no matter how hurt she felt, Yan Hui's footsteps never paused.

At that time, Yan Hui thought there probably wouldn't be anything else in her lifetime that could stop her from walking away.

But the world had strange and weird events that were hard to predict. When Tian Yao was earnestly looking at Yan Hui and saying those dependent words, Yan Hui felt like she couldn't move her legs.

Yan Hui unexpectedly found out she couldn't abandon people that needed her.

She could be heartless to herself, but it seemed like she couldn't find that heartlessness toward Tian Yao.

Yan Hui moved her gaze away from Tian Yao. In her mind she cursed that damned fox lust fragrance for not fading yet.

"No, no matter what you say, in any case I'm not going to help you find your other body parts again. The jianghu already know about me releasing the fox demons. Even those are still just rumors, I probably attracted the attention of every sect, including Chen Xing Mountain. If I continue to stay with you, it won't be good for you neither." Yan Hui hefted up her simply packed bundle and walked past Tian Yao out the room: "I'm leaving now. Don't follow me."

Although Yan Hui said those words, she didn't use the Escape Earth Technique. She just walked down the steps a little faster than usual.

Seeing this, Tian Yao didn't hesitate at the slightest and wordlessly turned to follow after Yan Hui. He was reluctant to return to his room and pack. There wasn't much to pack anyways.

Aside from Yan Hui, there was nothing else to bring.

Outside of their wing, Yan Hui suddenly stopped. She turned her head and fixed Tian Yao with a stare. He also stopped and expressionlessly stared back at her.

Yan Hui turned her head back and strode out of Wang Yu Lou. She didn't say bye to anyone. Tian Yao noticed and asked: "You're going to leave without saying goodbye to Miss Xian Ge?"

Yan Hui's foot crossed over the threshold of Wang Yu Lou. She turned her head back and shot Tian Yao a glance: "My friendship with Xian Ge was never in line with those typical customs." Yan Hui paused. "You're nosing about a bit much." Done speaking, she fell silent again. Then she immediately stopped walking and turned around to face Tian Yao:

"The road is long and broad. I told you earlier that I wouldn't go with you to find your body parts. I really won't, but now you insist on following me. It's your body. I can't control it. However, if you can't keep up with me, then I'm not going to stop and wait for you. If a demon comes to eat you, then I also won't come to your rescue. If any bad luck happens, then you're on your own. I didn't make any promise to you."

But Yan Hui didn't use her Escape Earth Technique.

Tian Yao had retrieved his dragon bones and horns, which meant he could absorb spirituality in the world now. However he couldn't in such a short amount of time to clear his body's meridians, change the constitution of his mortal body, condense the magic in said body, and then be able to use said magic. It was practically impossible.

There was no way Yan Hui didn't know this. At her current state, she only had to use an Escape Earth Technique or Propelling Sword Technique for one day. Even with a tracking curse on her, it would be very hard for Tian Yao to find her.

But Yan Hui did no such thing.

Tian Yao's eyes slightly drooped. Although his words were said in seriousness, his tone was softer than usual: "Back then, Su Ying used the Five Phases Seal to seal my soul, horns, bones, heart, and scales. Now I have found three of the five. As for the other two, I have no idea where they are. The world is vast, and I don't know where to start looking. And now you are leaving to go off to places. You just need to know that I won't leave you."

It was like those words forcefully pushed Yan Hui back. She couldn't help take one step back. She hurriedly turned around and rubbed her chest.

"If you, if you want to follow me, then go ahead. In any case, I'm not going to take care of you."

Done speaking, Yan Hui lowered her head and marched forward. Tian Yao watched her resentfully go down the path. His mouth twitched and suddenly settled back down.

He turned to look back at Wang Yu Lou.

The time when they left was still far from Wang Yu Lou's peak hours. Even the gossipy girls weren't upstairs. Tian Yao watched the second floor for awhile. Then he turned back around and followed after Yan Hui.

"Clan Master Feng." A brown-clothed girl by the window on the second floor quietly spoke: "Daoist Priest Ling Xiao especially told you several times not to let Yan Hui leave your sight. Yet you let her leave."

Feng Qian Shuo stood in the shadows of the second floor. He smiled and fanned himself: "My gaze is long." He continued, "Blocking her would look deliberate. It's better to let her roam around." Feng Qian Shuo fiddled with the ring of jewelry store keys around his waist. "After all, she's going to the places I have prepared for her."

Yan Hui and Tian Yao walked out of Yong Zhou City. Yan Hui strode along at a fast pace like she was anxiously to hit the road. In truth, it was because she really wanted to escape from her Head Senior Disciple.

However right when they were about to leave the outskirts of the city's governing limit, Yan Hui suddenly felt the wind pick up.

Her eyes widened, and she stepped back. Yan Hui had just pushed Tian Yao behind her when the tip of a blade sliced past. A brilliant gold light struck the ground. Yan Hui felt her stomach drop: "Head Senior Disciple."

He caught up in the end.

With a fluttering of clothes, Zi Chen stood in front of the light, sword in hand. He was grave: "Yan Hui, stop throwing a tantrum." He continued, "Come back to the mountain with me."

Yan Hui heaved a sigh and helplessly said: "Head Senior Disciple, this time really wasn't a tantrum. I've already been expelled. I've been ordered to never approach Chen Xing Mountain forever. If you return with me, isn't that giving me trouble? You'll be kidnapping me."

Zi Chen frowned: "Shifu wouldn't seriously expel you so heartlessly."

Yan Hui interrupted: "He did exactly that."

"He did that in a rush. Come back with me. I'll help you ask for forgiveness from shifu. Wait for him to calm down and for sure he'll forgive you."

"This matter actually has nothing to do with if shifu forgives me or not."

"You're worried about Ling Fei. I don't believe what they say about your behavior. You wouldn't have done without good cause what the sect says, that you disrespected the elders. You only have to return with me to explain."

"I really did hit her and burn her hair." Yan Hui didn't circle around the subject. "Also, even now I feel like that was right. It was freeing and refreshing."

"......"

Yan Hui pursed her lips: "So you see Head Senior Disciple, I really can't go back to Chen Xing Mountain. Just let me go. I swear I'm living well now."

"Nonsense." Zi Chen severely reprimanded. "Do you know what the jianghu are saying about you?"

"Isn't it just having secret ties with demons, betraying the true cultivation path, whatever? Nothing to make a fuss about." Yan Hui scratched her head: "Actually, I don't care what they say about me. They don't have any proof. If they want to talk, then just let them talk. In the end, I'm not going to suffer from it."

"You're so troublesome. How can a girl like you get slandered? Come back with me. Shifu and I will find a way to clear your name." Zi Chen finished. Although he looked worried, he still reached out a hand to Yan Hui. "Come with me."

Yan Hui was stunned upon seeing Zi Chen's outstretched hand. Her indifferent expression lessened quite a bit.

That senior disciple of hers......

The kind of person would reach a hand out to her in the cultivation world could only be her Head Senior Disciple. The corner of Yan Hui's mouth lifted. It was both bitter and helplessness.

While Yan Hui was silent, her field of vision was suddenly blocked. Tian Yao had stepped in front of her: "Since she doesn't want to go back, then you shouldn't keep trying to force her back."

But when Zi Chen heard Tian Yao's words, Zi Chen frowned. He looked Tian Yao up and down in assessment: "Who are you?"

Tian Yao still had the anosmia sachet that Xian Ge had given him. Therefore Zi Chen completely couldn't guess what kind of aura Tian Yao had. He could only assume that Tian Yao's identity was secret, had strange origins, and was with his junior disciple.

The two of them were close.

Tian Yao smoothly lied: "I'm just an ordinary person."

He had barely finished when it was like Yan Hui finally snapped out of her thoughts. From behind, she hurridly clutched his arm and tucked her head on his neck: "My true love that I found after leaving the mountain. [1]"

Tian Yao: "......"

It was like Zi Chen was frozen in shock after hearing that. He was completely stunned: "You..."

Yan Hui firmly said: "Head Senior Disciple, just go back. Don't worry about me. I already plan to elope with him. I am his. My heart is also his. If you take me back to Chen Xing Mountain, who has already expelled me, against my wishes, then you'll be tearing apart our marriage. In your next life, you won't be able to get a wife."

Tian Yao turned to look at Yan Hui. He saw she had tightly wrapped herself around his arm. She also rubbed her head against his shoulder. It was like a puppy playfully teasing him.

Although Tian Yao didn't understand what that brat was trying to play at, his heart had confusingly seemed to soften. Yan Hui's soft hair teased at his heart. He felt both tingles and numbness.

He used to loathe the touch of others.

Zi Chen stared blankly for a long time. Then he carefully sized Tian Yao up. In the beginning, he didn't investigate Tian Yao's aura. Zi Chen thought Tian Yao was an ordinary mortal. As Zi Chen inspected Tian Yao's aura, he also adjusted his grip on the sword. Zi Chen severely frowned and said to Yan Hui: "He has no aura. There's not even a wisp of a smokey aura. He's not an ordinary person. Yan Hui, stop trying to trick me." Zi Chen reassessed Yan Hui. He was angrier than before: "Every day you're out making trouble. Your aura is a mess, yet you still say you don't want to go back with me."

Yan Hui rolled her eyes: "I don't want to go back. He's my true love. I want to stay with him."

Zi Chen's look became icy. He raised his sword: "Then let's see what kind of person your true love really is." He suddenly thrust his sword at Tian Yao. There was no warning at all......


``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
[1] My true love that I found after leaving the mountain
  • The phrase is çœŸçˆ±ç›¸å…¬ which translates to 'true love something'. According to the dictionary, that something means anywhere from husband to gentleman to gigolo. From Yan Hui's personality, I wouldn't be surprised if she meant gigolo, but I just left it as 'true love' since maybe she meant husband.









Comments

  1. Many thanks
    Lololol not the smartest move since it seems to me that is... Elder disciple of her has a soft spot in his heart for her. Ohoohohoho

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing I loved most about this chapter: "In any case, I'm not going to take care of you" A few paragraphs later, she pushes Tian Yao behind her upon sensing danger... Such a tsundere... And then when her former shixiong interrogates TY, she defends him.

    Thanks for translating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 😀 shjtwrvqwdft! ... just to happy for words. Thank you so much for your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her shixiong will become friend or foe? Friend. I hope
    Thak you for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, he is your true love, even if you don't know it yet~
    Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ans, she's so tsun hehehe. Now, what is going to do ZC?!o.o He'll an interesting love rival. FQS is still fishy :( but things are getting spicy. Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahha XD she ıs just so interesting and lovable really!
    and that senior -_- can you just pls like go leave or somethıng ughh
    thank you for chap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Their bond with each other is touching. Two people who were left with nothing else to hope for, found companionship with each other.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts