Online Shopping: YesStyle and DressLilly

Hi guys!

This year, I decided to participate in Cyber Monday (because Black Friday is scary and I don't want to be trampled)! Normally I don't shop online. I started shopping online in college to buy my textbooks. That was my extent of online shopping.

However, so many websites had sales, and it's so convenient to browse online rather than to go out. Another reason is because finals is coming up; I don't want to spend an entire day hitting a bunch of stores and possibly not liking and not buying anything.

I did most of my shopping on www.yesstyle.com and www.dresslily.com. I've heard of YesStyle before in high school. All of my friends were going crazy over it. For those of you who don't know, YesStyle is an Asian fashion store. It has clothes, accessories, makeup, household products, etc. It's definitely not cheap. A lot of their product can hit the $50-70 and I've seen others go up to $200 (usually the coats). However, they had a huge sale for Cyber Monday and a very nice price filter. I got all of my Christmas presents for about $10-20. I'm mostly confident about YesStyle's quality. Of course there will be some products that are of bad quality, but that's to be expected because YesStyle offers such a large quantity of product. In addition, the customer's reviews will alert you if it's low quality. Unfortunately, there doens't seem to be tracking numbers for standard shipping, so that's a disappointment.

I would describe DressLily as a cheap YesStyle - the T.J.Maxx/Ross to Nordstrom. DressLily is also an Asian fashion store. Their style of clothes is very simily to YesStyle. I don't recall seeing any makeup and household products; I believe it's just clothing and accessories, but I might be wrong. I'm not sure how shipping times and processing times compare to YesStyle. I'll have an update on that soon. DressLily has several shipping options, three compared to YesStyle's two.I had an option to pay for a tracking number (it's free for the faster shipping options), which was $2. Because it is a cheaper store for very similar products, I am a bit worried about quality. In fact, here is an article showing how what you see isn't what you will get:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lindsay-ferrier/this-is-what-happens-when-you-order-ridiculously-cheap-clothing-from-singapore_b_6249572.html

The writer did order from another website, NastyDress, but I saw almost all the clothes with the exact same picture featured in DressLily's site. In fact, DressLily was also mentioned. That article worries me, and I'm scared I"ll end up with really bad clothes as presents for my friends. I will find out in a couple weeks when I go back home. Fingers crossed that they turn out fine!



Comments

Popular Posts