Love O2O a.k.a.微微一笑很倾城

Hi everyone!

So I found this new Chinese drama. Usually I don't like Chinese dramas because of the voice dubbing. I find it really irritating. I also don't like their style of acting, which seems very exaggerated and comical. However, Love O2O is AMAZING. Totally fangirling right here!

Love O2O!!!!!!!!!
It's based of a book called Wei Wei Yi Xiao Hen Qing Cheng (微微一笑很倾城) by Gu Man (顾漫). The title literally translates to "A Shy Smile is Very Beautiful." At least I think it does; my Chinese is not very good. I believe the official translation is "Just One Smile is Very Alluring."


There is also a movie adaptation of this book called Love O2O also! However if you google Love O2O, if seems like only the movie is officially called Love O2O. The drama is linked to "Just One Smile is Very Alluring," but I still called the drama Love O2O because that's how it's called on DramaFever. 

This drama mixes romance with gaming, which I think is very unique. They blend it together very well. The drama shows the leads acting as their real-life character and also as their gaming character! I really like this combination. It turns out the game the characters play in the drama is a real game! The game is called Qian Nu You Hun (倩女幽魂). Literally translated, it means Beautiful Female Ghost/Spirit. The game is unfortunately only in Chinese so far, so there is no official translation that I know of. However, DramaFever calls it "A Chinese Ghost Story," which if you google will show up. 


Here's a promotional picture for the game. Incidentally, these game characters are the ones the main characters play in Love O2O. Nice marketing move lol!
I'm going to try to play the game. I don't think it will go as since my Chinese is absolutely crap. I think I'm at the kindergarten reading and writing level. Probably even lower. Oh well, it'll be an interesting exercise!







Comments

  1. I first thought the drama would be boring but after starting watching I really love it... And I was unable to take of my eyes from the drama.... And I am currently watching it again m not satisfied till I watch it three times...love the drama.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts