Translating Chinese

Hi All,

So I just started reading the book Love O2O is based off of, 微微一笑很倾城 (Just One Smile is Very Alluring). It's somewhat difficult as my Chinese is complete crap. It is definitely slow going because I have to stop at least once per sentence to look up words. I wish I focused more when I went to Chinese school....

Anyways, I was thinking about posting the translations, so everyone can enjoy this book. I also found out there's a manga too; I might translate that instead (less words). However, I don't have any photo editing software, so it won't look pretty. In any case, this is just a thought for now. Who knows if I will end up doing it. What do you guys think?



Comments

  1. hahah this is quite funny - my experience is very similar. I bought the book after starting the drama Love O2O - but my Chinese is crap too (I was the worst student in my Chinese class) I gave up after like page 3 (I was trying to learn Chinese the same time...so I was making it a chore since I took each phrase seriously). It's now collecting dust because I finished watching the Love O2O movie (and drama but the movie is way better in my opinion).

    This post is 4 years old and I'm reading your "Heart Protection" translation. I don't think your Chinese is "crap" - you understand quite a bit!

    I discovered some really good chrome extensions (Zhu Yin and Zhong Zhong) which are helping me read chinese webnovel. Going to try to pick up Chinese again - I don't think I've spoken or read chinese for over 10 years sooo this is quite shocking I'm attempting this. For some reason, I'm not really into cdramas - so yay for Chinese webnovels :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts